KAMAʻAINA KOKUA presented by ʻUlalena and Maui United Way
February 26 – March 26, 2014
Wednesdays Only (2/26, 3/5, 3/12, 3/19, 3/26)
- $20 (Gold Seating) Tickets for Hawaii residents! (Retail $69.99)
- $5 from each Kamaʻaina Kokua ticket sold will be donated to a select Maui United Way Agency.
Customer may choose who the donation benefits from the following non-profit organizations:
- Women Helping Women – Provides emergency shelter and support program for victims of domestic violence on Maui and Lana’i.
- Boys & Girls Club of Maui – Programs provide educational support and mentoring to Maui’s youth.
- American Red Cross – Prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies with disaster relief and educational and training programs for emergency preparation.
“We try and help raise funds for various community groups at least a few times a year. We do an annual food drive for Maui Food Bank and reach out to schools and other educational institutions as much as we can throughout the year. Our show showcases the true essence of ʻohana, which in Hawaiian culture reaches beyond just our immediate blood-related relatives and into the community. It is important for us to give back to our Maui family, who has supported us for over 14 years now,” said Dennis Preussler, Sales & Marketing Director at Maui Theatre.
“Kamaʻaina Kokua” is offered on Wednesdays only, from February 26th through March 26th, 2014. Hawaii ID is required upon check in and it is not valid on previously purchased tickets. **Seating is limited and based on availability so advanced purchase is recommended.**
“Maui United Way is excited to partner with ʻUlalena, a company that cares about our community. There is so much need throughout our island and with the support of `Ulalena we are able to continue to do the work that we do in supporting 40 health and human service programs on Maui.” said Laksmi Abraham President & Chief Professional Officer at Maui United Way.
‘Ulalena is an unparalleled Hawaiian theatrical production that has shared the rich cultural history of Maui and its people for over 14 years. The show is an authentic depiction of the islands’ history and combines original music and dance with stunning acrobatics and state-of-the-art light, sound and stage equipment. It is a quintessential cultural experience for our island visitors, and a touching homage to Hawaiian people that Hawaii residents can truly take pride in.
Maui Theatre is home to ʻUlalena, new Maui show Burn’n Love and a variety of other shows and educational programs.
For more information about Kamaʻaina Kokua, call Maui Theatre at 808-856-7900.